What is GuideMia
GuideMia is a medical/dental imaging processing and computer aided design software framework. Based on a very comprehensive medical image processing and visualization library, as well as a very robust STL processing and modeling core, GuideMia brings together the cutting edge technologies together to offer software solutions for dental implant treatment planning, medical modeling, and medical image processing, etc.
Under the powerful GuideMia framework, we offer la couple of product packages or license options:
- GuideMia DICOM convertor
- GuideMia Implant Planning
- GuideMia Surgical Guide Design
- GuideMia Express.
GuideMia Implant Treatment Planning and Surgical Guide Solution
GuideMia Implant Treatment Planning and Surgical Guide software is our flagship product. It is a turn-key software solution for dental implant treatment planning and surgical guide design. It uses the latest image processing technology, software development tools, as well as proprietary patent pending technologies to provide dental professionals an integrated advanced image-guided dental implant treatment planning software to evaluate patient’s oral dental anatomy, to simulate implant placement, and to design surgical guides, which can be later on made by labs and used in dental implant treatment.
The following picture illustrates the software workflow. For a single unit case, it takes less than 10 minutes from loading DICOM data to finish surgical guide design.
GuideMia has the following functions:
- CT image viewing and visualization. Users can view the CT scan of patient's oral-dental structure, perform measurements, and record diagnosis findings as they do with a typical DICOM image viewer.
- Simulating the implant placement. Users can simulate implant placement by adding implant geometric models onto the patient CT scan images and corresponding 3D reconstructions. Tools are provided to view and adjust implant positions and orientations.
- Planning additional treatments including bone reduction and grafting, sinus grafting, tooth extraction, etc. They will be documented as notes and images.
- Designing surgical guide models based on the oral-dental structure and the treatment plan. There are two categories of surgical guides.
- The first one is the so-called bone-borne guides, which are designed to be placed onto patients' bone and/or tooth surfaces to facilitate invasive surgery.
- The second category is for tissue-based guides. The surgical guides are designed to fit onto patients' soft tissues (gums) and teeth so that non-invasive treatment can be performed.
- Exporting the designed surgical guides as standard STL files, which can be sent to any lab for manufacturing.
- Designing bone reduction guides and corresponding surgical guides, and exporting STL files for manufacturing.
- Creating virtual models of the oral-dental structures and implants, which will serve as study models, or bases for manually making surgical guides. Such a virtual model is called “master model” in GuideMia. Its components include bone/teeth with implant holes, soft tissues with implant holes, and duplicates of implants.
- Exporting the master model as standard STL files, which can be sent to any labs for manufacturing. Restoration design and further traditional physical model based implant planning can be performed with such a master model. Conventional lab procedure can be also used to make a surgical guide based on such a model.
- Generating a treatment plan, which will include many views of the oral dental structures with implants, 2D CT scan slice images, handling and drilling sequence information, etc.